Friday, April 30, 2010

Dare Jennings profiled in Sydney Magazine

Dare Jennings of 100% Mambo and Deus Ex Machina fame, was featured in the May 2010 issue of Sydney Magazine, a glossy insert that gets bundled with the Sydney Morning Herald. A great write-up of his background and the inspiration behind the iconic surf and motorcycle brands. He's been a significant inspiration to me over the years, back at school all I wanted to do was to work for Mambo so I did work experience at the studio and Phantom Graphics. Met Reg Mombassa and drove around with Dare in his silver Saab to the interior shows which were featuring the Bull designs on some furniture. Then I got into motorbikes and lo and behold, Dare starts Deus. All I wanted to do then was work for Deus, but I have been fortunate enough to be involved in a couple of exhibitions hosted by Deus. He continues to be the motivation for me to innovate and create. Nice work, Dare! Photo by Sahlan Hayes. Also, don't forget the Deus Vintage MX Swap meet tomorrow!

No comments: